We love the colors and flavors of Thanksgiving. The highlight of fall is decorating our homes with warm hues while anticipating welcoming guests for Thanksgiving dinner. Whether your holiday will be spent as a couple, with your immediate family or with a large group of friends and relatives, great decorating requires a plan. With so many details to keep track of this season, a guide is helpful. We have your Thanksgiving decorating checklist.
Choose Your Theme
To create your Thanksgiving style, you can decorate elaborately or just add harvest-inspired accents around your home. Before you start buying anything, you’ll want to choose your decor theme so that your decorating is fun and easy.
Here are our favorite Thanksgiving theme inspirations:
- Harvest – This theme features fruits, gourds and elements of the harvest.
- Natural – Fabric and ribbons of burlap and linen combine with fall foliage for a natural theme.
- Rustic – Incorporate antique decor and unfinished wood into your decorating vignettes.
- Glamorous – If you love metallic or colorful candle holders and elegant dinnerware, this could be your theme.
- Vineyard-Inspired – Love wine? This theme celebrates the wine harvest with the colors and art of the vineyards.
Create a Color Palette
Once you’ve chosen your decorating theme (or have chosen to just do a little bit of decorating), it’s time to choose a color palette. Though it may feel like an unnecessary step, having a simple color palette in place can help you make the right purchases when shopping for decor and accessories.
Choosing color for seasonal decorating is easy because you don’t have to limit yourself to just a few colors. You’ll want to choose three main colors for your decorating plan, then add three accent colors to your palette. There are no must-not-break rules for choosing color for your Thanksgiving decor — just choose the colors that express the vibe you’d like for your home.
Read more: https://freshome.com/thanksgiving-decorating-checklist/