We absolutely love fall decorating. This is the season of pumpkin-everything, with rich and warm colors that welcome our friends and family into our homes. Decorating your porch for autumn starts with colors. Before you begin your fall porch decorating, you’ll need to create a color scheme. You’re definitely not limited to using only the typical fall colors, like orange and brown. You can expand your fall color scheme to include colors that look best with your home’s exterior. Here are some inspiring ideas for your fall decorating color scheme:
Best colors for fall decorating
- Orange: This is the first color that comes to mind when we think fall. Burnt orange is the most popular shade for autumn, but you can experiment to find the perfect one.
- Gold: This is another staple of fall decorating — including metallic gold.
- Russet Red: Like a perfect autumn leaf, warm and vibrant russet red is a standard fall color.
- Black: Yes, black works very well in fall porch decorating. Black is a stunning color for planters, wrought iron decor and even a front door.
- Eggplant: Dark purple can fit into your decor, as it complements the traditional warm fall color scheme.
- Navy Blue: This can be used as a neutral, like black or charcoal gray, in most color schemes. All shades of blue are easy to use in a beach-inspired color scheme combined with fall colors.
Fall porch decorating inspiration
Once you have figured out your fall color scheme, it’s time to find the perfect front porch decor. It’s so much easier to shop for decor when you have your colors in mind — this is the secret to creating a charming decor style on your front porch. Here are our favorite tips for a beautiful fall porch:
Add decorative accessories for your fall front porch makeover
Accessories can transform your porch this fall.
Decorative autumn accessories can transform your porch into a neighborhood showpiece. The right accents really complete the look of your new porch design. Accessories that work well with fall porch decorating include lanterns, candle holders, decorative welcome signs and baskets. Your accents tie your entire autumn porch together, so there is no wrong way to use them. You can never have too many, either.
A fall wreath is essential for front porch decorating
Generous fall foliage adds depth to a front porch.
When it comes to fall decorating, the right wreath is everything. You can go a little overboard on your wreath, as it’s really the star of your porch decor. You can create your own wreath to show off your autumn color scheme, or buy one and build your porch decor around it. Your fall wreath should complement your front door color and coordinate with your front door mat.