Spring is almost here, and it’s time to start thinking about how you can spend more time outdoors. If you have a patio or a garden, giving it a little refresh is time and money well spent. Make your outdoor living space more functional (and beautiful!) by incorporating the top garden trends of 2018.
1. Small gardens are at the top of 2018 garden trends
Whether you’re working with a small patio area, a side yard, or a large open space, it’s all about creating cozy, intimate spaces in 2018. Got 150 square feet to work with? Then make it the loveliest small garden ever! You can still have a seating area, a water or fire feature, and plenty of greenery in the form of potted plants.
If you have a large, open area, this is the year to consider breaking it up into smaller spaces. Some ways you can do this is by:
- Creating a sitting or dining area with fieldstone
- Adding an arbor and vines, creating the illusion that you’re entering another world
- Creating an outdoor dining spot under a trellis
- Setting up a spot with chairs and a firepit
The key is to enclose the space a bit with potted plants, hedges, trees or vines, creating intimate settings that flow from one to the other. Check out these ideas, for inspiration:
2. Vertical gardens are hot right now
We’ve been telling you this for awhile now: the living wall, or vertical garden, is a beautiful way to add some life to a wall. Here are a couple of ideas on how you can add one to your garden:
3. Eco landscaping is one of the biggest garden trends of 2018
Read more: https://freshome.com/top-five-garden-trends-of-2018/