If you’re having trouble getting your kids to do homework, check out these cool study room ideas. Maybe all you need to kick-start your kid’s study habits is a change of scenery! A back-to-school homework space that’s quiet for focus, colorful for inspiration and organized to reduce distractions would make homework time a pleasure for most kids.
When planning a homework space, remember these five important elements:
1. Color: Wallpaper or paint a wall or the shelf openings in a bold and invigorating color.
2. Furniture: A small desk with storage or a coordinating file cabinet and a comfortable chair are essential.
3. Lighting: Make sure there’s plenty of ambient and task lighting.
4. Organization: Include lots of organization and storage options like shelves, cork board, pegboard, cubbies, baskets and containers to keep the space tidy and everything in its place.
5. Personalization: Add some items that are personal to your child’s style, like monogrammed items, a favorite color or personal wall art.
Kids Built-In Wall Studies
Rustic Modern Study Room for Kids